7 Tips to Cope With Snoring and Your Relationship

The following is a contributor article by Neer Tiwari: Is snoring ruining your relationship? Though this may seem like a w...

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

On One Condition


Do you feel loved? Are there conditions to receiving that love? Is it hard to find the words when you speak? Do you feel judged? If I wear the same dress twice or if I change my hair colour, will you criticize me if you don't like it? Would you like me any less than before if I speak my mind or shed a tear?

At times, I've seen people go from ridiculing (which is different than disagreeing with someone) to literally distancing from that person solely for their difference of opinion. That's a form of conditional love. With social media being at an all time high, it unfortunately happens publicly quite often as well. People seem to forget that there's a soul behind those typed letters and words.

There's an old saying, "God gave us two ears, two eyes, two nostrils, but only one mouth," and for that we must watch our words as they are truly powerful and can be used as quite the weapon. As we've seen over the past few years, with some kids going all out in a school rampage and what not, from being bullied, ridiculed, and having hurt feelings from harsh words, we should really try to make a change and at least talk to our children about it so this cycle doesn't repeat. 

The "Sticks and stones will break our bones but names will never hurt me" saying doesn't really work anymore (if it ever did). People don't really know the sensitivity level that others have or their tolerance for being criticized and should think before speaking or filter for the Love of God (despite a person's strength and resilience)! After all, how much criticism can be considered as constructive when much of it is based on appearance. It's one thing to have an opinion that differs from someone but to publicly state it in front of others, I don't believe is very heartfelt nor constructive. Even worse, is for that person to take his/her love away. Silence can be used as a weapon just as words are in some cases.

We pray for a soulmate with hopes and dreams that one day he will completely and unconditionally love you without any reservation and under no circumstance would he ever take that love away... Even if you do wrong. Some would say that unconditional love only exists between a parent and child. I'd like to think differently and know that some people, family, or a partner in life is awaiting me with the kind of unconditional love that I dream of. So for now, I'll dream... Dream away.


Love, xoxo Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment